Parent Guidelines for Meets
Be sure to have your gymnast to the meet site on time…arriving after warm ups have begun puts unnecessary stress on the gymnast.
Be sure that your gymnast is prepared for the day and has all necessities with HER. It is stated in the CARA Gymnastics Code of Ethics that: “The team must remain together throughout the entire meet and award ceremony.”
Your gymnast will not be permitted to come to you for water, snack, hair accessories, etc.
Parent/ Spectator Code of Ethics as stated in the CARA Rulebook
- Encourage your gymnast to do their best.
- Address any questions or concerns about the meet to your coach, not a judge or the meet host.
- Parents/spectators ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE COMPETITION AREA AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON (Make sure your gymnast has what she needs for the entire meet)
- Parents/spectators are encouraged to take pictures during the meet, but flash devices are prohibited. Feel free to turn on the flash during awards.
- Proper behavior toward meet host and judges and other teams.
Be a positive role model.
A main objective of CARA Gymnastics is to “develop a strong sense of sportsmanship and fair play in each player.”